But, it turns out, there are a few things we did, and a few things we still need to do, that every parent does this time of year. (Seriously, August?! Already?!)
Here’s what we’ve been up to so far, and a roundup of posts by other moms who are rockin’ their back to school routine.
Our Back to School Prep
- I got a new planner for the year — a serious necessity for me!
- grabbing fall clothes for the kids (still working on this one!)
- getting everything on the school supplies list for Welcome Night
- getting a lunch box for Kai, because this is the first time he’ll have lunch at preschool (one day a week)
- scheduling a checkup with the doctor to get that wellness form filled out
- creating a loose routine for us, including activities for my littlest while Kai is away at school
- staying on top of my morning routine that happens before the kiddos wake up
Sooo, that’s really it. The other things we do before we break out that little backpack once more can be summed up by enjoying our last month of summer!
Welcome to my world.
And one last thing…On the morning of Kai’s first day, I make sure I have a sign for pictures and cook up a special breakfast. Here he is last year.
*shedding a single tear for that baby face*
A Back to School Roundup
Don’t worry, you’re getting more than my little list and a meme that sums up my way of life. I scoured the internet for what I thought were the most helpful back to school articles to get you (and ME) prepped for fall.
And then I added a rainbow.
Free Morning Routine Printable by Love Bakes Good Cakes
How to Have a Great First Day of School by My Life and Kids
Back to School Clothes Shopping List by Over the Big Moon
30 Days of Prayer for the New School Year by Faith Along the Way
Make Ahead Cold Lunches by Happy Money Saver
How to Create Your Own Back-to-School Lunch Packing Station by Alise Durkota
I hope we can all savor every last lemonade-flavored drop of summer before we experience the excitement/dread of a new school year. And, when the time comes, I also hope we’re prepared. It may not be Pinterest-perfect, but it’ll still be great.